- Brand: Fuji Film
- Type: FM Series
- Reel: 5-3/4" (15cm)
- Lengths Available: 1200' (360m), 1800' (550m), 3600' (1100m)
- Thickness: LP (1.0 mil)
- Tape Grade / Performance Level: 2-Low Noise
- Base Material: Polyester
- 2020 Advice: Good for Daily Use, Good for all speeds
- Where Produced: Japan
- Mfg Years: Early 1970s, Late 1970s
- Sale Condition: Refurbished - 90 day warranty
FUJI Film’s FM Series reel to reel tape is a gray oxide low noise tape, classified here as type 2. It was the budget tape of Fuji’s line, introduced in the 1970s. The performance us similar to Maxell’s first gen LN Series or TDK’s S Series. The performance is only average for an LN tape.
- This is a formula that has withstood the test of time. The FM Series tapes still hold their quality and can be used today.
- All 7″ tapes used a double window shaded plastic reel, 10.5″ reels had a unique metal reel with three windows. The tape has a slightly shiny gray surface.
- The 1200 ft (360m) version on 7″ tape reels have reels with larger hubs using the same LP tape thickness of the 1800 ft (550m) version. To our knowledge, they never produced an SP or DP tape so it’s LP only.
- Available Refurbished: Yes, you can buy refurbished reels of the FMs in our store, if we have them at all. These were RARE in the United States, our stock comes from Japan.