- Brand: Tdk
- Type: 150 Series
- Reel: 7" (18cm), 10.5" (26.5cm)
- Lengths Available: 1200' (360m), 1800' (550m), 3600' (1100m)
- Thickness: LP (1.0 mil)
- Tape Grade / Performance Level: 1-Standard
- Base Material: Polyester
- 2020 Advice: Good for Daily Use, Good for all speeds
- Where Produced: Japan
- Mfg Years: Late 1960s, Early 1970s, 1980s
- Sale Condition: Refurbished - 90 day warranty
TDK’s 150 Series reel to reel tape is an older style brown oxide standard tape, classified here as type 1, designed to match the standard Scotch 150. There is nothing special about them. It’s important to know they do not have the performance or quality you would expect of the SD and later AUDIA tapes, so don’t pay too much extra for them. Also, the leader tape adhesive normally fails by now, so you might need to reattach it.
- This is a formula that has withstood the test of time. The 150 Series tapes still hold their quality and can be used today.
- All used either a 3 window reel that was a copy of the older Scotch reel, and later a single thread clear plastic reel. Tape has a shiny brown surface.
- Like the SDs, The 1200 ft (360m) version on 7″ tape reels have reels with larger hubs using the same LP tape thickness of the 1800 ft (550m) version. To our knowledge, they never produced an SP or DP tape so it’s LP only.
- Available Refurbished: Yes, you can buy refurbished reels of the 150s in our store, but they are not common so we don’t get a lot of them.