- Brand: Fuji Film
- Type: FG Series
- Reel: 5-3/4" (15cm)
- Lengths Available: 1200' (360m), 1800' (550m), 3600' (1100m)
- Thickness: LP (1.0 mil)
- Tape Grade / Performance Level: 3-Low Noise / High Output
- Base Material: Polyester
- 2020 Advice: Good for Daily Use, Good for all speeds
- Where Produced: Japan
- Mfg Years: Early 1970s, Late 1970s
- Sale Condition: Refurbished - 90 day warranty
FUJI Film’s FG (Fine Grain) Series reel to reel tape is a gray oxide low noise / high output tape, classified here as type 3. It was the mid range tape of Fuji’s line, introduced in the 1970s. The performance us similar to Maxell’s UD Series or TDK’s SD and AUDUA Series. The performance is of this tape is good. Fuji didn;t sell a lot of Reel to Reel tapes so they are relatively uncommon.
- This is a formula that has withstood the test of time. The FG Series tapes still hold their quality and can be used today – we have not discovered any issues with the few we have processed.
- All 7″ tapes used a double window shaded plastic reel, 10.5″ reels had a unique metal reel with three windows. The tape has a slightly shiny gray surface.
- The 1200 ft (360m) version on 7″ tape reels have reels with larger hubs using the same LP tape thickness of the 1800 ft (550m) version. To our knowledge, they never produced an SP or DP tape so it’s LP only.
- Available Refurbished: Yes, you can buy refurbished reels of the FGs in our store, if we have them at all.