- Brand: Memorex
- Type: CrO2
- Reel: 7" (18cm)
- Lengths Available: 2400' (720m), 3600' (1100m)
- Thickness: TP (0.5 mil)
- Tape Grade / Performance Level: 8-EE Extra Efficiency
- Base Material: Polyester
- 2023 Advice: Good for Daily Use, Good for 3-3/4 ips and 7-1/2ips
- Where Produced: USA
- Mfg Years: 1980s
- Sale Condition: Refurbished - 90 day warranty
The Memorex CrO2 is an experimental tape that was produced in low quantities and was (to our knowledge) never officially released. We recently found a case of NOS for sale, which will be available in our store. This tape is classified as type 8 (EE for Extra Efficiency). Memorex was a popular US tape manufacturer in the 1970s, promoting their line of low noise, high output reel to reel tapes (type 3) at the same price level as their competitor’s low noise (type 2) formulations. When they were popular, their tapes were shipped in a black clam-shell box. At the time, their tapes were considered to be high quality.
- This a unique formulation, related to the tape used for their CrO2 cassettes. The only other known CrO2 tape made for Reel to Reel was from BASF who used that formulation for their EE tape.
- The tape was shipped without any detail on the clamshell box or 3-window reel. The only identification was the labeling on the shipping carton
- Available in TP Thickness only, and quantity is limited – for collectors and enthusiasts! The reels have 2400 ft. of tape on them.
- Available Refurbished: Yes, you can buy NOS reels of Memorex CrO2 in our store.