- Brand: Tdk
- Type: LX Series
- Reel: 7" (18cm), 10.5" (26.5cm)
- Lengths Available: 1800' (550m), 3600' (1100m)
- Thickness: LP (1.0 mil)
- Tape Grade / Performance Level: 3-Low Noise / High Output
- Base Material: Polyester
- 2020 Advice: Good for Daily Use, White Powder Syndrome - Needs Cleaning before Playing, Good for all speeds
- Where Produced: Japan
- Mfg Years: 1980s
- Sale Condition: Refurbished - 90 day warranty
TDK’s LX Series was released in the early 1980s and replaced their popular AUDUA line. This was a high quality type 3 (low noise / high output) tape, similar in quality to Maxell’s UD Series. The LX-B was the back-coated version of the LX, replacing the AUDUA-LBs.
- Unlike the AUDUA tapes, only some of these tapes can be used today – we have found that the LX-Bs suffer from white power syndrome. We can’t say whether they will all hold their quality and can be safely used today. We have since found that the standard non back coated LXs seem to be holding up fine, so they are now included on the listing of good tapes.
- These tapes came with a unique high quality 3-piece and 3 window gray plastic reel.
- This tape was only available in LP and SP, although the SPs are rare.
- Available Refurbished: We now offer LXs as refurbished in our store. We DO NOT offer the LX-B back-coated version.